Servings: 4-6 (double or even triples easily) Total Time: about 25 minutes
- 1 15-ounce cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 can garbanzo beans rinsed & drained
- 2-3 ears fresh cooked corn cut off the cob or frozen (Trader Joes Roasted works well for this recipe, rinsed and defrosted)
- 1 diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons red onion finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoons (sea) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1.5-2 Tbsp. honey or squirt of Stevia liquid to taste
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lime zest (be sure to zest limes before juicing them)
- Two limes juiced
- 1 ripe avocado chopped into bite-size pieces
Whisk dressing ingredients together except oil. Add oil last, drizzling in and whisking to emulsify. Combine all ingredients except for avocados in a large bowl, add dressing and mix well. Cover and chill for a few hours or overnight.
Right before serving, add avocados and mix gently, being careful not to mash avocados. Garnish with chopped cilantro if desired.