Diabetes rates have risen sharply over the past 50 years, and it is now the 7th leading cause of death in the U.S. If you are a healthy weight don't think you are immune because obesity is a factor in only about 1/2 of diagnosed cases. Diabetes can happen to anyone who is living an unhealthy lifestyle, but the good news is that it is 100% avoidable and treatable with a lifestyle change.
I know lifestyle changes are not easy, but neither is living with diabetes. It is a life threatening disease that requires drastic measures.
If you are at high risk consider hiring a health coach or nutritionist to work with you to make sustainable lifestyle changes. Below are some ideas to help you avoid and reverse this debilitating disease:
- Reduce consumption of sugar
- Eat more whole, unprocessed foods (like vegetables and fruit)
- Get ample nutrients such as omega 3 fatty acids and vitamin D3
- Get enough exercise (at least 30 minutes 4-5 days a week
- Control stress
- Use calorie and exercise trackers like www.myfitnesspal.com
I have witnessed many successes in reversing and preventing diabetes so please don't feel it has to be your "fate". Take a step today towards a brighter, healthier future.