- 2-3 organic peaches thinly sliced (just leave skin on), or 2 cups mixed berries (sliced if strawberries), or a create a mixture.
- 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup (or honey), more or less to taste depending on sweetness of berries
- 1/2 cup raw pecans
- 1/2 cup raw almonds or walnuts
- 1/2 cup pitted dates (mejool are best), pitted and roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
Directions: Toss fruit with syrup. Add to lightly greased round pie dish (I like ceramic), and press lightly to even out. Place nuts, dates, salt and cinnamon into a blender or food processor and pulse until coarsely ground. Scatter nut mixture over berries and serve immediately, or chill until ready to serve.
You can also keep the nut mixture in a container and make small parfaits with whatever fruit you have on hand. It makes a quick dessert when added to fruit, or mix with Greek yogurt for a delicious breakfast parfait.